baslinux - [BL] Environment Variables (was: Re: Pmail Basics)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Environment Variables (was: Re: Pmail Basics)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:47:48 -0800

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 07:19:41PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> >Look in your muttrc for the line:
> >
> >set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp"
> set sendmail="/usr/local/bin/sendmail", I think it was.
>
> sendmail is a script invoking pmail -o
>
> >although the right side of the equation will be different for
> >you, of course. I think you indicated earlier that you are
> >using pmail because your ISP doesn't require smtp auth.
> >
> >If it says:
> >
> >set sendmail="$SENDMAIL"
> >
> >do this:
> >
> ># echo $SENDMAIL
>
> This does not work in BL.

Only because that environment variable is not set.

Try:

echo $EDITOR

(that's set in the stock BL3)

To set $SENDMAIL, or any other environment variable, standards
like SENDMAIL or REPLYTO (read by many mail apps) or your own,
put this in your /etc/profile:

export SENDMAIL="pmail -o"

If you want to make use of it during the present session,
you'll have to enter:

. /etc/profile

Which will cause the shell to reread the file.

Lee

--
Basic Linux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru