baslinux - Re: [BL] Pmail Basics

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Pmail Basics
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:48:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Look in your muttrc for the line:

set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp"
set sendmail="/usr/local/bin/sendmail", I think it was.

sendmail is a script invoking pmail -o

Is there some easy way to base64 encode binary attachments and add to the _outbox to mail it with pmail, rather than using mutt? I don't use pop mail or the other features that Chris added, just want a simple way to send binary attachments (mostly wordprocessor files, but also zip, pdf, images). Uuencode is (or at least was not last year) not automatically decoded by pine.