baslinux - Re: [BL] Determining network IP addresses in linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Determining network IP addresses in linux
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:21:44 +0000 (UTC)

How can I use ipconfig in plain DOS without wireless card drivers? I
can't imagine it will work in Windows when Windows on the laptop would not
detect any signal using the proper card drivers (or install the pcmcia
adaptor on the other computer).

ipconfig worked fine in Win98 once I put in a different wireless card that did not crash Windows. Used it to do Windows-linux networking.
Insert linux modules, run udhcpc.
Run Windows utility, use ipconfig.
Ping the IP number assigned to the other computer.

He also told me to set up the router that came with the cisco card and
ping that for practice. He does not know how to find its IP address in
linux but I could bring it over to his XP computer to get the address.
Or ping his IP address.
ipconfig got that too.

Si