baslinux - Re: [BL] 486 Laptops/Gmail on BL (was: USB modem and wireless<blah>)

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 486 Laptops/Gmail on BL (was: USB modem and wireless<blah>)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:11:54 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> In which case, it should be possible to put an ethernet
> card into one (or both) of the two slots available.

Yes, it is possible. I have had ethernet, modem and CF
cards in both PCMCIA slots on that laptop and they all
work fine.

> A store is likely to sell you a new 32-bit cardbus card
> (gold colored strip with bumps at the end) which won't
> work with BL3 even if it fits into your machine.

The Toshiba 2130CS does not take CardBus cards. In fact
none of my six laptops has CardBus capability (even though
they all have PCMCIA slots). That's the main reason why
BL3 has no CardBus capability.