baslinux - Re: [BL] Udhcpc and Loop Linux and Kernel Compilation (was:[delete])

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Udhcpc and Loop Linux and Kernel Compilation (was:[delete])
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:49:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Things do not usually work right when compiling
with old software in BL.

That's not what I've found. Old software usually compiles
smoothly. New software is the problem. A lot of it relies
on glibc2 or on the 2.4 (or later) kernel.

not 'when compiling old software' but 'when compiling WITH old software', meaning sometimes the older libc and compiler are missing something needed to compile a newer program. Including the sniffer program that was supposed to work with Redhat (RH) 6.1.

How would you transfer anything to my computer without
my fetching it?

One way would be to run the BL3 receive script. Of course
you would need to send Lee your inet address first.

We could do this over the internet, using the local IP address I am assigned when I dial in? Very interesting. I am starting to make sense of networking - the whole world is a big network now.