baslinux - Re: [BL] 486 Laptops/Gmail on BL (was: USB modem and wireless<blah>)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 486 Laptops/Gmail on BL (was: USB modem and wireless<blah>)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:30:03 +0000 (UTC)

A friend just paid $50 for a laptop for his 9 year old and wondered if it were new enough to do email! I promised him a 28.8K modem and BL3. He wants to be sure she cannot view porn, so we could put on a text only browser and maybe webmail, unless Lee wants to set up a script even a 9 year old can use for POP mail. We also have 60 DOS games that teach you to type and add etc.