baslinux - Re: [BL] OpenOffice

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] OpenOffice
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:26:43 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:15:31 -0800
"David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I "discovered" that Nomdo Jansonius has a small section on BL on his
> website. (At the bottom of the following page:)
>
> http://www.nomdo.dds.nl/dos.htm
>
> He posted directions and files for combining the binary package of
> OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 with BL2. The directions are easy to follow. I
> downloaded the OO.o package and his linux.zip package and now I have a
> large office suite running on BL2.

And I also have it running on BL2. I didn't use his linux.zip because I
already have a functioning BL2 with the extra libraries from SW9.1, but I
found I was missing mktemp - required for the installation of OpenOffice. So
I copied a mktemp from a SW9.1 distro I have (and ldd showed its dependancies
were found), and it installed without a hiccough. I installed and setup
using the default directories, although I did decline the use of java. It
even prints direct from swriter to my laserjet, using either its default
driver or lp.

This is on a 600 MHz Duron with 256 MG RAM, so it has plenty of room.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke