baslinux - Re: [BL] OpenOffice; Firefox

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] OpenOffice; Firefox
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:50:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
(The other wants to print to a USB lexmark,
the type that sells for cheaper than its color cartridge, which we had no
idea how to set up for BL3).

Which model? Most will work with just ghostscript and a small bitmap
translation program, but some require CUPS.

I looked up her model and it requires CUPS. I gave up.

We have a lifetime supply of toner for three HP laserjets that work with DOS and linux. And a few HP deskjet 500 series to give friends that don't want color. We are not going to support Lexmark.

David