baslinux - Re: [BL] OpenOffice; Firefox

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] OpenOffice; Firefox
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:03:48 +0000 (UTC)

I use both. I continue to use Firefox because it displays
some pages better than Opera (and visa versa).

We can't access a rebate page with Opera - the page wants an 'updated browser'. Opera 7.23 and 8.52 identify as MSIE6. Opera 9 apparently does MSIE7. (Links2 won't work either, no surprise). Can we change the identification by editing some file in Opera? The choice is Mozilla 5.0, Opera, or MSIE6 (made in Preferences).

How do I find strings in files in subdirectories?

When I downloaded Opera 9 it wanted glibc 2.3.2, but maybe I got the wrong version. Does anyone have Opera 9 working with BL?

Does a MSIE7-equivalent Firefox work with BL2?