baslinux - [BL] Boot from DOS anomalies (reboots or hangs)

  • From: mindfuq AT sbcglobal.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Boot from DOS anomalies (reboots or hangs)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:10:27 -0700

I've tried Basic Linux on two different machines, and it failed each
time. The first machine and device drivers, memory managers, and all
kinds of junk loaded prior to running boot.bat. It was an ideal
configuration for running win95. As soon as I executed boot.bat, the
machine simply rebooted. That was on a test machine, not the target,
so I don't really care if I don't resolve it. The test machine is a
Pentium with 32MB ram.

Then I moved the HDD over to the target machine (486dx2-66 w/ 8MB
RAM), and did a clean boot with nothing loaded. When I ran boot.bat,
it simply hangs on the loadlin command. What would cause that? Is
there a way to get verbose output messages?

BTW - Issue for the admins - I am unable to send messages directly to
this list because the follow error occurs:

Nov 17 20:00:31 xxxx postfix/smtp[4975]: DB9C76DCC89:
to=<baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>,
relay=lists.ibiblio.org[152.46.7.119], delay=2, status=bounced (host
lists.ibiblio.org[152.46.7.119] said: 504 <xxxx>: Helo command
rejected: need fully-qualified hostname)

I had to configure my mail server to give ibiblio.org special
treatment, and route this message through a 3rd party mail server.
Does anyone know how I would configure postfix to correct that error?
I don't have any kind of hostname that would be recognized from
outside my network.