baslinux - Re: [BL] Boot from DOS anomalies (reboots or hangs)

  • From: Justin Gombos <mindfuq AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Boot from DOS anomalies (reboots or hangs)
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 16:12:24 -0700

* 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org> [2006-11-17 22:18]:
> mindfuq AT sbcglobal.net wrote:
> >
> > I meant to say: The first machine *RAN* device drivers, memory
> > managers, and all kinds of junk loaded prior to running boot.bat.
>
> Try rebooting your computer and holding down SHIFT
> when "Loading MSDOS" comes up on the screen. That
> should bypass your config.sys and autoexec.bat stuff.

I have a config.sys menu configured, and I do a SHIFT-F5 to boot
clean. I just tried that on the target machine, and instead of
rebooting, it hangs (just as it did on the target machine). I also
tried the zimage.4dx kernel, and same result.