baslinux - Re: [BL] ATI RAGE 264GT PCI video card now usable with fb and xfbdev for X

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ATI RAGE 264GT PCI video card now usable with fb and xfbdev for X
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:09:32 +0000 (UTC)

Has anyone on this list used svgalib with a mach64 chip?

I am supposed to probe for clock settings - how?

zgv-uclibc got a segmentation fault (used with correct library) with the ATI card.

Delilinux zgv works if you uncomment the sample modeline 640x480 (not specific to mach32) in libvga.config but not the 800 or 1024 lines. Then the initial screen of zgv displays without jitter, but the photos have jitter at 640. They are okay at higher resolutions. Someone clever could probably put in the right modelines to make 640 work too. I tried several from XF86Config that did not work at all.

To get higher resolution hit [ repeatedly or to start at 1280:
Adjust the monitor if things are the wrong proportions.

/etc/zgv.conf or /root/.zgvrc:

zoom
startmode 1280 1024 24

This is equivalent to CLI

zgv -zoom viewer-start-mode "1280 1024 24"

zoom fills the screen, startmode starts it at the 1280.

links2 -g still does not work correctly with svgalib. Jitter at 640 and 800, fuzzy text at 1024 and 1280. I did not try mplayer -vo svga since -vo vesa works. I can use x11 for both.