baslinux - Re: [BL] Hardware bug:clock timer configuration lo st

  • From: "Karolis Lyvens" <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hardware bug:clock timer configuration lo st
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:52:43 +0300

On 7/13/06, 赵刚 <merryzhao AT 126.com> wrote:

I'm running Baslin3.4-qemu.img with qemu, and I receive quite often this
following messages:
probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost - probably a
VIA686a.
probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration.

I am not sure, but i got the same problem when i ran Windows on this
machine... Maybe it relates to my mainboard - VIA based DFI AD77...
Because of this problematic mainboard, i had to run Linux with "noapic
nolapic" flags. Without them, Linux would hang while booting.

So maybe it IS related to mainboard and it's chipsets. But this
doesn't show when host OS is Linux, not Windows.

Does anyone know to fix this problem?
Thanks!

Best Regards
Mathew

想 要 体 验 一 下 超 大 超 快 的 免 费 邮 箱 吗 ?
网 易 3G 免 费 邮 ,抢 注 再 得 280 兆 大 容 量 网 盘 ,快 来 体 验 邮 箱 极 速 之 旅