baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:40:06 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:50:15 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > And I thought it would be nice to see how BL3 performs on such a fast
> > machine.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I cannot get BL3 (loop) to run properly,
>
> Have you tried floppy version? You might be able to
> get it onto a HD partition that way.

I tried the floppy version. It booted just fine, and was able to mount
/dev/hde1 = my DOS partition.
It couldn't mount /dev/hde2 (the partition I have prepared for a hard drive
install), and I found that this is because there is no /dev/hde2 in /dev.
Accordingly, I have just downloaded SW4.0 /a2/devs.tgz and we'll see if this
will make a difference.

Oddly, SW10.2 calls these SATA drives sda1/sda2/sda3/sda4 but I don't
think that they are scsi at all. But then, what do I know ? :)

> The loop version is looking for an IDE drive. There is no
> easy way to get it to look for another type. I'm not even
> sure if the kernel can handle your type of drive. Is it USB?

No, it seems to be just a different sort of IDE drive with faster access.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke