baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 01:59:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

it gets kernel panic when it doesn't find its files in C:\baslin,

The loop version is looking for an IDE drive. There is no
easy way to get it to look for another type. I'm not even
sure if the kernel can handle your type of drive. Is it USB?

Would it be equally difficult to boot loop linux from a scsi drive if I switched to a scsi kernel? We have one computer that boots DOS from the scsi drive, which is 8GB. I know how to run ext2 linux from scsi drive.

I don't think your zimage.big is scsi. Can I run the loop linux with a 2.4.31 kernel?