baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SATA hard drives
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:10:21 +0000 (UTC)

I will try loop BL3.40 with your kernel instead of mine and do some more
experimenting. With my kernel, every time, I am able to write to the scsi
drives but not the loop file when booted with loop BL3.40.

Are you able to boot read-write SCSI loop on a different computer?
Perhaps it's a hardware loop compatibility problem. Is there some
reason why you cannot make an ext2 partition on the SCSI drive?

I have two ext2 partitions on each of two scsi drives, but something is wrong with the controller and I am trying to fix it from the IDE loop BL3.
I have not tried ramdisk BL2 with my scsi kernel.

I think I will replace the controller. I had suspected the first drive was bad. I get pages and pages of errors randomly when copying files, or

I don't have another SCSI computer set up right now. Several of our computers have died recently. We were trying to set up one SCSI computer (a Compaq that came with scsi card and drive and complained about the IDE drives - insert the diagnostic disk) but someone just gave us an e-machine (to which we can transfer the IDE drives and faster cpu from a computer that finished dying) so I will rob the card out of the SCSI computer to put into mine and see if that fixes the problem somehow.

David