baslinux - [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 17:09:00 +0000 (UTC)

In addition to Steven's games, I would like to add some more to a BL3.40 computer for 5 young neighbors, ages 3-10.

I found http://ftp.x.org/contrib/games with lots of little games, which need the header files in /x1/xprog.tgz to compile. (I have not installed those yet). Games I found in other places require GNOME, KDE, SLD, or at least GTK, and these don't seem to.

Please take a look and recommend which ones are for children, on a single computer, no network, 32MB RAM (I can up it to 64MB), 1024 res maximum.
The files date from 1995 and 1996 so ought to compile for libc5.

I don't have space to compile in BL3 - would someone else like to try it?

Their grandmother is interested in using Opera. They are visiting her for the summer in an efficiency apartment. Multiplayer games might keep several of them busy at once.