baslinux - Re: [BL] Timidity in BL3 (was: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Timidity in BL3 (was: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:42:32 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 08:16:44 +1000
Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au> wrote:

> I have timidity running very well in BL2, <snipped>

I now have timidity running in BL3 also. I downloaded and installed
almost the entire /d1 directory from SW4.0, used a copy of Timidity++ source,
and compiled the whole thing. Compiled with no problems.
I added the patches and timidity.config from my BL2 setup, and away we went.
I have MIDIs playing through the SB16 card.

I would offer to make a package for BL3.4, but I don't know how to. And
in any case, the patches alone will make a BIG download.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke