baslinux - Re: [BL] Playing and recording external midi without X

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Playing and recording external midi without X
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:48:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Samual Acorn wrote:

there is no midish-bl2.tgz on that site...

It was one directory up, I moved it to where it belonged, try again.

Is /dev/rmidi ALSA?

Samuel, could you take a look at the midish package at my site?

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/midish-bl2.tgz

smfplay -x -d mididevice filename.mid should play to external device.

smfrecord should record from the device.

The man page for midish says the device is /dev/rmidiN

I can mknod /dev/rmidi c 35 64

(or make rmidi0 and link rmidi to it) but how do I link /dev/rmidi to my
actual midi device, i. e., what is my actual midi device (/dev/? ).