baslinux - Re: [BL] Playing and recording external midi without X

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Playing and recording external midi without X
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:06:21 +0000 (UTC)

Could one write a simple script to send input from the external midi
device to a file, then stop sending when you hit Ctrl-C?

I found something for /dev/audio and .au:

dd bs=8k count=4 < /dev/audio > sample.au record

cat sample.au > /dev/audio playback

I think this records 32K of sound from /dev/audio - would that be
line out from the sound card?

What do I call my external midi device, /dev/midi00 ?