baslinux - Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 19:16:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 6 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I also deleted a file called 'magic' which said it was
needed to play games.

/etc/magic has nothing to do with games.
The BL2 'magic' does have parts used for Adventure and other games.
I replaced it with your BL3 magic file which is much shorter.

It was a mistake to delete it.

I still have about 180MB of BL2 and want to delete anything irrelevant to use on a laptop without sound or compiler.

Would it cause any problems if I deleted BL2 /usr/include/* on the laptop? I think it contains only files used for compiling dynamically. I have 3.5MB in it.

There are also
/usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/include (and /keymaps/include).
/usr/local/include
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386..../include.

The files I copied to BL2 on this laptop are from a computer that I was using to compile with. Can I delete any directory with egcs or gcc in its name? All 'include' directories?

Do I need the i386-slackware-linux-gnulibc1 and -gnuaout for normal compiling or just i386-slackware-linux (ELF)?

Can I delete all the /usr/i386* directories if I will not be compiling (or removepkg ldso?).

I have not compiled with BL3 and it has no i386* or include directories.

Since I have both the solibs and full glibc I just did a removepkg on the full glibc which removed a lot of the above, leaving 1.5MB in /usr/include and smaller amounts mostly in /usr/local/include and /kbd (mainly from svgalib and kbd packages I think).