baslinux - Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:23:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 6 May 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

On Sat, 6 May 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I also deleted a file called 'magic' which said it was
needed to play games.

/etc/magic has nothing to do with games.
It was a mistake to delete it.

I copied the BL3 magic to BL2. It is about 10% as long. You must have trimmed out all the irrelevant things about games and SunOS and mips. It works there (I think) but the prompt was still #bash and my path was not set. I noticed I was also missing /tmp and /proc and /sbin - the last of these fixed all my problems when I copied the files via floppy disk.

Thanks, I will copy it back. I thought it said at the top that it was
needed for games. What exactly does it do?

What are the minimum files needed from glibc solibs for use with most
programs? Qemu seems to need libc libm libutil libdl and ld-linux.
Opera needs libresolv and libdns to work online.

I really doubt that I need libBrokenLocale but it is only 4K. libc and libm and ld are the only large ones. What do the lib_nss libraries do?
The solibs packages only has documentation for ldd.

What are the /usr/bin/db* files from the full glibc used for? There are dozens of them all with doc files. The /usr/lib/*.o files? I deleted all of gconv and /usr/lib/*.a or .la. I left /usr/include files.