baslinux - Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] read-only filesystem and wrong prompt
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 23:45:04 +0000 (UTC)

I still have about 180MB of BL2 and want to delete anything
irrelevant to use on a laptop without sound or compiler.

Perhaps it would be simpler to install from scratch?
The foundation BL3 installation is just 5mb (and that
includes laptop stuff). Add icewm, AbiWord, and Opera
(with libraries) and the entire installation is less
than 40mb.

We set someone up in 37MB without Abiword but with Opera and lynx and links2 and 2.4.31 kernel and modules so they could use their new camera. The 540MB drive was overkill.

I probably should start all over again in a free partition, BL3 plus upgraded library plus programs I am really going to use.
I have been deleting all sorts of leftover junk from BL2 on the laptop.