baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:56:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

Do you have mkisofs (from Slackware cdrutils package)? Then you
can make an .iso out of an .img with this command:

mkisofs -J -R -o output_iso.iso -b bl2-2880.img bl2-2880.img

(The -R and -J are optional, but they allow long filenames to be
readable by Windows and Unix, respectively. The -b flag to mkisofs
tells it to set up said El Torito boot image for booting an emulated
floppy image off of a CD.)

Now just find a way to get that ISO onto a CD and you should be
finished.

Thanks for the info, David. I have the both the file and mkisofs, so if there is any interest in this, I can create the iso and make it available for download. Any takers?

James