baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:35:30 +0000 (UTC)

Why would a PS/2 mouse work in DOS but not linux?

A PS/2 mouse works fine in Linux when you use the
correct Pointer Protocol.

And with Redhatbut not BL,

I use PS/2 mice all the time in BasicLinux. They
work fine. So does my Intellimouse.

I left XF86Config set the way you set it up (and eventually added 16 bit color, 2MB video RAM, and virtual screen, but mouse was not working before that).

/dev/mouse is symlinked to /dev/psaux
Your Xsetup program made that link. I forget if it is set to emulate 3 buttons.

The PS/2 mouse worked with the DSL bootable CD. First I answered No to USB mouse.

I tried David's 2.4.31 kernel, did not help.

Is the mouse driver part of X_SVGA? Have you tried X_SVGA with the Accupoint Toshiba mouse? Green eraser type.