baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:43:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Mouse: we plugged in a PS/2 mouse and if you touch it lightly the arrow
scoots into the upper left corner and stays there. When using the little
eraser mouse, there is also briefly an arrow in screen center.

Steven, how would we modify your XF86Config to turn off mouse
acceleration?

Option "no_accel" (under Devices) did not help, nor did three other options suggested for the Toshiba (no_stretch and two others) or turning off stretch in BIOS (it makes the text screen full height). I tried these one at a time and in combination.

Nor did using bzimage.big, which I found at the American site of hotlist.html but the European site still has only BL3.32.

A Toshiba user says this is not a mouse but an 'accupoint'. But Accupoint is PS/2 compatible and uses the same /dev/psaux.

We are supposed to enable the external PS/2 mouse in BIOS setup. Changed from Auto-Selected to Simultaneous. No help. Arrow still scoots to the upper right.

Serial mouse works with no_accel.

My partner is unhappy about carrying around a serial mouse.

Why would a PS/2 mouse work in DOS but not linux? And with Redhatbut not BL, according to other reports?