baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Opera Segmentation fault with X_SVGA (256 colors), backspace and mouse problems
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:33:06 +0000 (UTC)

Mouse: we plugged in a PS/2 mouse and if you touch it lightly the arrow scoots into the upper left corner and stays there. When using the little eraser mouse, there is also briefly an arrow in screen center.

Steven, how would we modify your XF86Config to turn off mouse acceleration?

Opera:
I did some reading at the opera list about reasons for segfault and
someone said their opera worked if installed, but not if run from the binary directory (/opera-7.23....).

On our first computer neither 7.23 nor 8.51 would install - 'syntax error'. Since Opera installed for other people on other computers I tried again here. 7.23 would not install. 8.51 would install and apart from complaining about no Motif and therefore no plugins, it runs. Without a mouse.

On exit from X we get a message about the mouse:
Warning /dev/mouse unable to get status of mouse fd (not a typewriter).
I will read about this.

I was able to set the taskbar at icewm bottom to double height in preferences but you need a mouse to use it to enter things command line and it only works for starting X programs. You don't need a mouse to start an rxvt to enter commands in it. Once you have run one command there, if there is no rxvt on the screen, a tab brings you back to that taskbar line.