baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:01:16 +0000 (UTC)

It's sitting in /mnt/opera... I don't have enough space to install it
here, and it runs just fine from its present location, anyway.

If you install it as designed, you can then start it by typing opera from anywhere, otherwise you need to cd to the directory where the opera wrapper script is located (/mnt/opera... in your case).

I am surprised it fit into the 20MB loop version. You probably did not also install icewm, links2, and kermit.

Installing the BL3 icewm package provides all the needed X libraries.

I installed some glibc2 x11 libraries to /lib and ran X without a window
manager. It is interesting that it works with a libc5 library.

Opera keyboard navigation does not work properly without any window manager. You can't change focus.

BL2 zgv also needs libvgagl. David compiled a static zgv for
use with the 1-floppy USB-storage 2.4.31-kernel linux.

That 'static zgv' requires uclibc and svgalib.
A library from svgalib?

David