baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:13:13 +0000 (UTC)

What is the url to get QT static Opera .tar.gz?
All I saw was QT-shared.
Ken Martwick

I apparently, like David Moberg, downloaded a deb or rpm 'static QT' and checked the box at the bottom to download in plain .tar.gz format (.tgz?) instead of my distribution's 'native format'. I don't know why they could not simply have one more link to a generic static QT format.

I got about 6MB of 8.51, up from 5MB, but they claim it runs faster now. I think they eliminated the menu item 'load all images' = 'Shift G' for loading images for a particular page, but it still works. And I could no longer find all those nice options for user mode instead of author mode (for increased visibility of large print on a pale green background, mono white on black or black on white, use your own colors, etc.). Maybe they can be copied from an older version. Ditto for the choice of skins - you are stuck with pseudo-3D buttons. They may have added something equally useful (IRC?). Does 8.51 access more webpages than 7.23?

You can keep several versions on your computer in their own directories and run them from their to compare.