baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 06:08:24 +0000

I wrote:

> I got the same problem if I only copied over the
> libraries manually. But after I downloaded and
> installed the glibc-solibs package from SW81,
> it started working. I am currently typing this
> message from the latest version of Opera, (.deb
> in .tgz format, static QT edition) on BL3.40.

After further experimentation, Opera seems to want
/etc/host.conf and libresolv, despite the fact that ldd
shows no dependency. I wonder if this would also fix your static lynx
binary. More trial and error should reveal
exactly why it needs these files. If I haven't responded on
this thread in a few days, please remind me and I will try
to figure out exactly what is going on.

Now I should try out Ken's ltmodem package and try to
figure out which mplayer version that I have compiled
works best.

David