baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:17:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

I wrote:

I got the same problem if I only copied over the
libraries manually. But after I downloaded and
installed the glibc-solibs package from SW81,
it started working. I am currently typing this
message from the latest version of Opera, (.deb
in .tgz format, static QT edition) on BL3.40.

After further experimentation, Opera seems to want
/etc/host.conf and libresolv, despite the fact that ldd

I copied over libresolv from BL2, which did not fix the problem. BL3.32 (where I am currently experimenting) has an /etc/host.conf and BL2 does not. BL2 has a 'hosts', which I copied to BL3, which did not help either.

shows no dependency. I wonder if this would also fix your static lynx
binary. More trial and error should reveal
exactly why it needs these files. If I haven't responded on
this thread in a few days, please remind me and I will try
to figure out exactly what is going on.

Thanks. I promised our friend a working Opera by Sunday.
And my new upstairs neighbor a copy of what we get working for him, probably on a 166MHz with 32MB RAM. We made the landlord a Win98SE because he wanted WORD and EXCEL but we have DOS WORKS to try on him next.

Could the following be required: libcrypt, libnsl, librt, libutil, libpcprofile, libnss*, libanl, libdb*, libmemusage? I may copy them all over then remove one or several at a time. Only about 1MB without the libnss* and libBrokenLocale.

Now I should try out Ken's ltmodem package and try to
figure out which mplayer version that I have compiled
works best.

We have one of these in the computer we are replacing for the friend and will try the package too.

Where do you find the time to be so helpful?

David