baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:54:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Could you install Opera with install.sh? That also refused to work for
me in BL3.40 on the same computer.

No. It seemed to work fine but it ran out of space in my loop
installation. Did it fail with the latest version? They might have
improved the script. Line 583 of my script is just a simple echo,
and, from a cursory glance, I cannot see anything that ash
would not like.

It failed with 7.23 on the computer where tar also failed. And Opera seems to be loading unsually slowly and sometimes Segfaults. I see isolated yellow peaks in the little box in icewm.

We gave him our fastest spare computer (300MHz) to replace his 233MHz.
Maybe we should put him back into his 233Mhz instead. We are going to speed him up tremendously by setting Opera to load only cached images.

David