baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:33:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 03:15:22 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

If this camera has a removable memory card you could buy a USB card reader
and attempt to use it with David's minimal usb kernel. Maybe your card is
more standard than mine. Ebay has used card readers, probably because
people bought new computers or printers with them built in.

It has a removable SD memory card. I bought a 256 MB card at the same time
as the camera.
A card reader is an option, I agree. I may consider looking at a
multi-function printer/scanner with a built-in card reader at some stage.

But simply booting SW9.1 is by far the easiest way of getting the photos
and movies off the camera and onto a hard drive.

SW91 certainly worked well with our CF card (in camera and reader). I should try a 2.6 usb kernel to test with the smartmedia card that was not included in 2.4.31 (which I think is not older than SW91). Is there any easy place to get one?