baslinux - Re: [BL] Xfering Files & CD/msdos fs issues

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xfering Files & CD/msdos fs issues
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 18:13:12 -0700

On 8/6/05, James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, David Moberg wrote:
>
> > Okay, I just finished compiling naim. Here is the tarball:
> >
> > http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/naim.tgz
> >
> > Please try it and let me know how well it works.
> >
> > Does anyone use the plugins?
>
> Great work David! I just tried it out on a BL3 install and it worked fine
> (AOL/Oscar chat network) for the short experimental chat session I used it
> in. The colors are a little different than I'm used to, but I haven't
> actually used this program for a year or so, so the default color scheme
> may have been changed.

It seems to be easy to change the colors. This is my first experience with
naim, and I must say that it is very professional, especially considering
the low version number.

> I don't think I ever used plugins: what do they do?

They add little things like bots and auto-reply tools. I am still figuring out
how to package them.

> Anyway, you've done a real service for BL users who want to chat on the
> AIM network by providing this package. I should probably upload it to my
> site. Did you compile against uclibc?

Yep, statically. I used the ncurses which came with uClibc; I'm not sure
if this is what causes the odd color scheme.

David