baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:39:18 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> I ran across format audio/scpls and added that as an association.
> Then I tried to add ram as "audio/x-pn-realaudio" and ran into the
> missiing codec problem (racook not found). David, did you say that
> this latest compilation of mplayer would NOT play realaudio but an
> earlier one (that would not play sound but would convert to another
> format) would handle realaudio?

No, I don't think I did. The current version does RTSP, while some
earlier versions didn't. All use the same codecs.

> If so, is there any chance of your compiling a final version
> that also does realaudio?

OK. I will download the codecs tonight and see how well they
work.

> Or was I supposed to somehow add the codec myself?

You probably will. I don't plan on distributing many megabytes
of codecs. IIRC, you remove any codecs which you don't want,
since they are each in their own .so file.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com