baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:42:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Live Radio gave me 132 classical stations (all speeds).

The problem with this site is I got mostly Realaudio,
some MS Media, and very little MP3.

MS Media (WM) works with links:
extension "asx" "video/x-ms-asf"
association "mplayer" "video/x-ms-asf" "mplayer -playlist %" 19 1
For midi, how about:
extention "mid" "audio/x-midi"
" "midi" "
association playmidi "audio/x-midi" "playmidi -4 %" (plus 19 1?)
" "audio/midi"
" "audio/x-mid"
"audio/mid"

I've now tried many WM stations on Live Radio and
almost all of them work with the above association.

How would you set up to listen to ogg? Polish 'KISS' offers that.

I clicked on a Live Radio ogg station (using links
with the three new associations) and it worked.
Not sure which of the associations handled it.

I think it uses pls or m3u.

You might also want to have extensions .mp3 and .ogg for cases where the file is linked directly not via a playlist (and skip -playlist).

E. Europe is mostly Realaudio

Not so. According to the Live Radio listings,
there are more WMP and MP3 feeds than Realaudio.
' WMP Real MP3 OGG
Bulgaria 3 5 20
Bosnia 4 6
Croatia 1 9
Romania 3 8 43 7
Poland 22 21 32 7
Slovakia 16 4 12 14
Serbia 5 1
Czech Rep. 157 15 10

That is good to know. A few years ago it was 95% Realaudio or WMP.