baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:23:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

extension "pls" "audio/x-scpls
association "mplayer" "audio/x-scpls" "mplayer -playlist %" 19 1
You need another " at the end of the extension line.

oops, sorry. I block-copied that line and must have missed
the last character when I blocked it.

I can now listen to audio/x-scpls and audio/scpls files.
shoutcast had very few classical links.

It gave me three pages of classical stations (56K or below).

Most of these were either places where, as far as I could figure out with a text browser, you could download a sample track from a CD before purchase, or were multiple listings of the same station, such as VPR. There were also some easy listening and newage stations on the list.

Live Radio gave me 132 classical stations (all speeds).
The problem with this site is I got mostly Realaudio, some MS Media, and very little MP3. I could have searched for just MP3 stations and gotten very little classical.

How would you set up to listen to ogg? Polish 'KISS' offers that.

www-live-radio.net has both Albanian and Albainian
but most of the E. European stations broadcast in realaudio
not mp3 (maybe also Windows Media).

Most of the Live Radio classical stations seem to be WMA
(with Real second and MP3 a distant third).

E. Europe is mostly Realaudio, which I think worked with mplayer 2 except you had to convert the format and then play it with sox (and David said to delete all but the last version because it did everything, and I forgot it does NOT do realaudio and deleted it). David, could you possibly manage a #4 that works on P1s AND P2s and also plays realaudio?

Does MS charge (or charge more than Real) for the use of its software to encode WMA (MS Media seems to be the new name).