baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:46:33 +0000 (UTC)

http://hometown.aol.com/knudsenmj/myhomepage/umexport.tgz,
or umuselx.htm for the home page. Use keyboard or mouse.

Thanks. Is there some way I can use it to play MIDI files?

Well, it will run under BL2, in X.

I got as far as you did with it. In order to play a midi file you need to put it somewhere under a certain name, I think. I was able to look at icons for various musical notations. It does not seem to require 16-bit (or any) color, or a mouse, just minimal X11.

I have yet to get it to actually DO anything. It is certainly not very intuitive, but the documentation (download separately) does seem very extensive, so it looks like I will have to RTFM very thoroughly.

I have not yet been able to get it to play MIDI files, but I don't know if
that is my fault or the software's fault, yet.

It looks like a DOS program (or win3.1) that got ported to linux.

"OS 9" (MM/1 and Tandy) software ported to Linux.

Regards,
Ron

I thought OS 9 was Mac. What is MM/1?

Have you also tried Rosegarden? I am missing one X library for it.