baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:30:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, David Moberg wrote:

/usr/local/bin/mplayer (this version) is 7MB
Your first version for PI was 6MB unpacked.

uClibc is smaller. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite right with
MPlayer on 2.2.16.

I got #3 to work by fixing an error in /root/.mplayer/config (which I thought of checking out when I looked at the stdout or stderr file).

ao=oss (it was ess)
vo=vesa (it was X11)

I will try this same config file with #1 to play DVDs.
Does #3 do something better than #1 on a PIII?

Why does -noaspect give you a standard aspect (which I presume is the
picture that is wider than would be usual on a monitor)? I will read
the documentation some time soon.

MPlayer makes some strange aspect ratio scalings by default. I don't
know why you need -noaspect. IMO -noaspect looks better.

I will try that tomorrow.

I would now copy mplayer #3 via the parport zip drive except to test it on the 533MHz computer, but it currently still has some of its parts in the previous 233MHz computer.