baslinux - Re: [BL] SVGA Xserver

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SVGA Xserver
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 05:01:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 1 May 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I would love to have such a package for use with computers that
either won't work with Xvesa at more than 4 colors, or that work
with Xvesa but only go to 8-bit color.

Here's the package for BL3 to replace Xvesa:
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/no-xvesa.tgz

Use pkg to install it. Also use pkg to install
the appropriate Xserver for you video card.

I thought you said this was going to be a package for use with XSVGA server and that this server would work with any VESA video card. I got XSVGA working with SiS and S3-Virge using the same config file, by accident.

Then execute xf86config to configure it for your
system. Or, if you are feeling lucky, excute
startx and see if the existing /etc/XF86Config
works with your hardware.

Did you set it for a low-end monitor and 1MB card?
I will gladly try this in about 8 hours (1 am here). Can you explain briefly how you did the default configuration?
Does your package include libraries needed by a standard server that are not needed by Xvesa?