baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:53:31 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Constant Brouerius van Nidek" <constant AT indo.net.id>

> I thought that in order to connect an ethernet card to the digital line you
> need something like a router. Is that right?

Yes.

> As far as I know my ethernet card there are two connectors, one for a
> shielded
> cable and one for a flat stecker for a more elaborate flat cable.
> Is there some box between these connectors and the ADSL connection?

Yes. It's called a "DSL modem" by the phone company. They'll either give,
rent, or sell you one. It accepts a phone line input, and an Ethernet or
USB connection to your PC. Go for Ethernet if you want to use it with BL.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com

  • Re: [BL] ISDN, David Moberg, 04/20/2005