baslinux - [BL] Printing scanned files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Printing scanned files
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:59:43 +0000 (UTC)

I finished my taxes and want to scan them to pbm format and print.
I can probably do this with xv but is there some simpler way to do it, CLI, such as sending the pbm file directly to the printer?

If not, where might I find pbmtops other than in 2.5M source code package for netpbm, latest version (10.26) ? I found a precompiled package for SW 10 or 10.1 at linuxpackages. I found nothing in SW71 or SW81. The oldest source code I could find was 1.9M (10.11.1). I have no use for most of the 200+ programs in it, such as latexto.....

pbmplus appears to be an offshoot of netpbm no longer in progress.

I could just use a DOS image program to convert to gif and then printgif for DOS. That seems like cheating. I also have a few programs from netpbm in a DOS port, but I think only for rotating and flipping.
(I could also cheat by using the Win98 scanner software).

I hear Image Magick has some CLI utilities - would it convert pbm to ps?