baslinux - Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:34:12

Sindi:

I built a single bootable DOS floppy system to download, upload, erase and
see pictures from my Olympus D-395.

It works with any USB port.

It includes:

1)- Bootable Operating System (DOS)
2)- Parts of XTREE Gold to move the pictures from and to the camera.
3)- LXPIC to view and edit the pictures

Everything in less than 600Kby.

Alejandro.

On 18 Mar 05 at 22:20, sindi keesan wrote:

> That is fine if you happen to be near your own computer with pcmcia slot
> in it and we do have one of those, but what do you do at friends' houses
> to transfer photos when the card starts to fill up? I was hoping for
> something that could go on floppy-disk linux and let me plug a camera
> into a USB port and download via linux. A 520K kernel might fit.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina