baslinux - Re: [BL] Printing scanned files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Printing scanned files
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:57:12 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded 2 MB of netpbm 10.19 source code and found not pbmtops.c but pbmtolps.c (line ps) and pbmtoepson.c and pbmtols.c, the latter two possibly capable of generating files that can be sent directly to epson or laserjet printers. I have to figure out how to use gcc directly to compile them. Can anyone tell me if any other libraries are needed for compiling besides glibc?

There are short files, around 10K. If it were possible to print images directly this way, I would also get convertors for jpeg, gif and ping to pbm, pgm and ppm. Much more efficient than using X, ghostscript, and xv.
(Or maybe there is even jpegtolj etc.)

cat `pbmtolj filename.pbm' > /dev/lp1 ?

I found also pbmtoppa, which turns pbm files into a format directly printable by 'Windows printers' HP 720 and 822C (which I have).

I don't even recognize about 95% of the formats handled by netpbm.