baslinux - Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:16:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:40:10 +0000 (UTC)

> Did you get a USB camera to work with linux and ohci and mass-storage?
> Does this just make another device that you mount, like the zip drive?

On my system (1998) I used usb-uhci with my camera. If you have a USB
kernel, assuming everything's modular, here's what you need to do:

Plug in device.
insmod scsi_mod
insmod sd_mod
insmod usbcore
insmod usb-uhci
insmod usb-storage
mount /dev/sda /mountpoint

Pictures/files show up somewhere under /mountpoint. On my camera it's
/mountpoint/dcim/100_fuji/*.jpg. This also works with ANY mass storage
disk device (floppy drive, hard disk, card reader). Note disk: mass
storage CDROMs and burners don't work this way. You need a different
SCSI module (the CD/burner one) and the CD scsi device.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com