baslinux - Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:40:10 +0000 (UTC)

Did you get a USB camera to work with linux and ohci and mass-storage?
Does this just make another device that you mount, like the zip drive?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

For a digital camera with USB cable is it uhci or ohci? I have no
experience with USB except for one Windows scanner.

It doesn't depend in the camera, it depends on the USB controller on the
computer (whether onboard or expansion card type). I think ohci is the
older protocol and uhci the newer. My ca 2000 thin client has an ohci USB
controller, so I guess anything this age or older should be ohci, while
newer might be uhci

James