baslinux - Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:11:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> > I recompiled the kernel to get my USB floppy drive to work (my IDE one
> > is broken beyond repair) in BL. BTW, LNX-BBC and DSL I believe are
> > capable of mounting a USB floppy, too. Both are roughly a 50MB download.
>

> THE 2.2.16 KERNEL? If so, what changes did you make to .config?

No. 2.4.29. :) But, later 2.2.26 supports USB Mass Storage, too. You need to
enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL (Mass Storage code is experimental in early
kernels)
and then you also need PCI support for USB. Then build the following modules
or
equivalent as =Y:

scsi_mod
sd_mod
usbcore
usb-uhci (or equivalent USB host module)
usb-storage

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com