baslinux - [BL] finally found what I have been looking for

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] finally found what I have been looking for
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:32:31 +0000

I have finally found a live linux implementation that recognises I have a floppy drive plugged into a USB port on my laptop and it allows me to access a floppy in the drive.  I have tried dozens of live Linux CDs and live BSD CDs and now I have found one that actually works!  Its Mandrake Move 2!!!  It IDed the drive plugged into the USB port (as it should, Windows XP has no problem doing so) and I was able to open and read files on a MSDOS/Windows formatted FAT floppy!  It finally works.

The only bummer in the deal is I now have two SuSE live Linux 9.2 CDs that won't work on my PC.  They have to have a 256 Meg of memory to run.  One has KDE, the other GNOME.

If you are having problems getting your laptop to work with a external floppy drive that plugs into a USB port, give MandrakeMove2 a try.  Works for me!  (Oh I could just dance for joy!).  Now what do I do with all these other "useless" live Linux CDs?