baslinux - Re: [BL] Booting HD installation with loadlin

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Booting HD installation with loadlin
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:36:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Jason Chall wrote:

My target is definately hda

plus if I boot from the BL floppy and I use CTRL
to specify hd root=/dev/hda1 it boots with no
complaints.

Ah (a light dawns). Did you by any chance format
the harddrive using DrDOS? I believe DrDOS puts
bootable DOS on /dev/hda4 (for no decernible reason).

I think it was freedos that put it there. DRDOS managed to make our second partition (DOS D:) hda3 and the third partition (linux) hda2. But hda1 remained DOS C: