baslinux - Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:43:37 -0500

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Mr Christopher Rose wrote:

I am contemplating upgrading to the zimage.4dx kernel.

Do you have a 486-DX CPU on that system?

How would I do this?

It depends on whether you are booting with loadlin.exe
or lilo.

loadlin.exe
Put zimage.4dx in /baslin directory (on the DOS partition). Edit boot.bat to point at zimage.4dx instead of zimage.

lilo
^^^^
Put zimage.4dx in /boot directory (on the Linux partition). Edit /etc/lilo.conf to point at /boot/zimage.4dx instead of
/boot/zimage. Execute: lilo -v

How would I do this in BL3 floppy? Could I just replace zimage with zimage.4dx?